LOWERING RIDE/SEAT HEIGHT

CADMAN

I'm new here and considering purchase of the FZ8. Took a test ride at the local dealer and being 5'7" (1.70), I can get the balls of my feet down but would like to lower seat height a little more. Anyone have any suggestions other than investing in crash gear and sliders?:confused:

DarkTemplars

You could always ask the dealer what options there are. If it winds up being a simple sag adjustment, they could probably do it when they are prepping the bike after you've bought it.

Thats all I did to my dirt bike so I could touch without having to lean it over too far. Although I'm not too sure how that would affect the handling of a road bike.

hypo

I shot an email to a company here in the US as well to see when they would catch up with the UK. :)
-Hypo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me investigate a little further. Our suppliers have them listed a couple of different ways so let me make sure and see what the deal is.

I will get back to you and let you know as soon as I hear something one way or the other.

Thank you for your interest.
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Your StreetFighter Team
Veronica

StreetFighter Inc.-StreetFighter and Sportbike accessories. One stop shopping for StreetFighters & Naked Motorcycles
Phone & Fax 623-581-1994
Mon-Thu 10:00-5:00 PST

----- Original Message -----

nope. :(

the FZ8 is now available in the US but it does NOT come with ABS here. so we will need something for those bikes really soon! :)

-Hypo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello

A 30mm kit is now avaiable but it is only for the models with ABS brake systems.

Let me know if that would work for you.

Hereward

Fazzer 8 comes with ABS in UK as option, Naked dose not have ABS option in uk.
In other countrys in europe it is an option on the FZ8 and in Germany it comes with ABS as standard.
It is a bit weired on the ABS front with it being dictated by the reigon/country wether to offer it or not.
Retro fitting an ABS unit is an option, the fittings on the hub are there and no douby the wireing harness fittings are there also.

hypo

what throws me off is WHY having ABS would affect how it adjusts the seat height??? placement of the fitment? anyways, I'll let you know when/if they holler back.

Hereward

ABS sits on the right hand side just behind the engine oil level inspection window, the hight adjustment fitting replaces the two triangle pieces underneath the bike attached directly to the rear shock.........wouldn't think there would be a fitting issue. What could be a big issue is if the ABS unit will get confused by the new ride hight......But in saying that I know as do other that when you have a pillion the ride hight is seriously lowered under the weight, more in fact than the 30mm reduction by the lowering kit.

Dealer it sounds like simply dosn't know if there will be an issue and on the grounds of saftey is checking that there won't be an issue. heres hopeing! :)

shaunone

*GET THE SOUPYS LINK!!!!* Fully adjustable, 0-4" of drop, easy to install and adjust. Hands down the best lowering link out there!

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
*GET THE SOUPYS LINK!!!!* Fully adjustable, 0-4" of drop, easy to install and adjust. Hands down the best lowering link out there!

My local Honda/Yamaha shop won't install it for me. I bought the $#%! bike from them in June! It probably is easy to install for anybody besides me. I don't have anyone to hold the rear end up while I disconnect the link. (I'm so alone!) I can change oil, put on frame sliders, adjust the mirrors........that's about it. Anyway, I called the local Suzuki shop and they said they'd do it. I should do a video blog about this Honda/Yamaha shop and what service-tards they are.

jcannaveno

Since this bike is essentially the same setup as the FZ1, you can get the fully adjustable link from Soupy's Performance. I lowered my wife's FZ1 to where she can flat-foot it. You may want to get his adjustable kickstand too.

Soupy's FZ1 lowering, fz1 lowering kit, fz1 lowering kits, fz1 lowering link, fz1 lowering links, fz1 kickstand, fz1 adjustable kickstand

My wife is 5' 1" with a 29" inseam. Her FZ1 is slammed! :D

How many inches did you lower the bike?..and did you lower the front as well as the back or did you just lower the rear?

Takdogg

Tight turns

I also am cursed with the short leg syndrome being only 5'7", so the Soupy's lowering link is an attractive option to me. My only concern is if when taking a tight corner with the rear end lowered if there is a possibility of dragging the foot pegs, etc?

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
only issues I've had is when I'm getting real deep, fortunately "in this case" I don't have that opportunity much here in Ohio. And bein a Big Boy I've touched my Pass.Peg mounts to my swing arm a couple times but only in extreme travel situations

LaZIAF

lowering seat height

hi everyone! I will like to request for reviews on both the seat lowering tools. both the soupy's and lust racing. can anyone who have tried using them before kindly give your views on these products? does it really work? and is it safe? thank you. :)

Takdogg

CG of bike

My next question before I purchase the Soupy's lower link is If you can actually feel the difference in the handling of the bike. I figure the center of gravity being lowered would make for a snappier turn.