James' FZ8

jamesharris

Hi guys,
I bought my bike in February 2014 and have been working on some mods. Over Christmas I had the chance to finish some of them off and wanted to share what I've done so far with you. Thank you to the members on this forum and others who continue to inspired me.

Mods:
  • Yamaha engine guard
  • Painted lower cowlings and rear hugger
  • Motodynamic integrated tail light
  • R&G fender eliminator
  • Yoshimura R-77D carbon exhaust
  • LED front turn signals
  • Evotech radiator guard
  • Instrument cluster LED change
  • Healtech GIpro X-Type
  • Relocated horn
  • SW-Motech Blaze panniers
How she stands December 2014

Painted lower cowling

Painted rear hugger

Motodynamic integrated tail light with R&G fender eliminator and turn signals removed

LED front turn signals (LED flasher relay installed to prevent hyper-flashing)

Evotech radiator guard and horn relocation

Integrated Healtech gear indicator and cluster LED change

jamesharris

ttt Integrated Healtech gear indicator is very nice looking. id like to wire one up as well. nice job

Thanks. If you get a regular gear indicator its an easy install, 1) stick it on the dash, 2) route the wires under the fuel tank 3) splice a couple of connections.
I wanted to make it look OEM so machined the dial and routed it into the cluster. I had to order a custom cable to do this which uses a remote display so it will fit behind the dial. Super happy with how it turned out.

Let me know if you have any questions.

jamesharris

Very nice! I think the next thing you should do is paint those headers. Best mod I did imo.

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how it looks so far... but not finished yet. I like the look of your headers, very clean. I was considering painting / wrapping my exhaust, maybe I'll have a go at it sometime this season.