I think I found my next bike.

dtbrown

I've been looking for my next bike which I'll probably be getting next year and highly considering the BMW S1000R. I wanted to take a step up in performance and safety and saw this in a 2014 naked bike shoot out and it was very well liked. I love that I won't have to invest in suspension as it's on the fly adjustable. ABS, and traction control are two features that are really appealing.

It'll be expensive at about $15,000 but after trade in of the fz8 should be about 10k and since won't need to invest into it for performance mods. 160hp is more than enough for me.

I was also highly considering the Kawasaki z1000 or the MV Agusta Brutale Dragster 800. Let me know what you guys think?

BMW Motorrad USA

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adUuECck-d8&feature=share&list=UUUJeW9pnxhDZ5GA0TNRl4zg&index=2"]2014 Super Naked Street Brawl - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c_E_peOjSw&list=UUUJeW9pnxhDZ5GA0TNRl4zg&feature=share&index=3"]2014 Super Street Fighter Track Shootout - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

dtbrown

BMW nice bikes. But what are your criteria for the new bike?

New meaning something I can finance which typically has to be brand new. Most banks don't like to finance used bikes. But if in a year the market is doing well and I can find a used one and save a couple thousand I'll give it a shot. Plus financing new the interest rate from the dealers is typically pretty low and I usually pay of my loans early as to save as much as possible.

dtbrown

MV Augusta Brutale would be my pick. I like the 1090, but the 800 is also an awesome bike.

Yeah the brutale looks pretty awesome but I'm reading it may be a little rough for an everyday bike the way it's set up. But it's a sick bike.

Rhyno54

Those are all great bikes indeed, but if I were you I would do some research on overall performance, usability, reliability and maintenance cost

Umyaya

Do you really need a liter bike in Chicago? Unless you are rich i would never spend 15k on one bike. I could get 5 sweet bikes for different things for that amount.

cmurder

Pillion
nice bike , but doubtful on the 5k for trade in on a FZ8 , thats what I paid for mine from the dealer, Id save the money and buy a used Honda CB1000rr or B-king with Abs .. or hell for 15K you can get both :)

thach1130

I was surprised how small and light the cb 1000r felt. Geeze.

I saw the 2014 naked shootout too. I'm thinking of the superduke r. Only problem is i look at the maintenance on the bike, it's p.i.t.a. Service must be done by dealer or lose warranty. That's blows. Then even when the warranty ends, the oil change is a pain. Insert style filter is a pain, so many damn screens and drain bolt to check. It has two drain bolt. I do like the magnetic drain bolt. KTM's dual sport bike are even worse with 2 oil filters to change.

Umyaya

Always remember it's the rider that makes the difference. Bike doesn't make the rider. I've seen plenty of guys on older smaller bikes smoke the new stuff!