I pooped a little

gunbunny

While crossing over a set of slightly raised railroad tracks I was hitting that 6-9k sweetspot and put on a unscheduled show for some passer-by's. The girl's went nose up and was in no hurry to come back down. Anyone else have a uncommanded flight moment?

Hereward

Yeah overtaking an old couple on a bumpy country lane.......for some reason I thought I needed to drop a gear to second? the poor guy I was overtaking would simply of heard my akrapovik cackle then scream as he was overtaken by a lower fairing and front wheel at wing mirror height........brown trouser moment but it came down smoothly and there was no drama apart from in my head at the time, I did check behind me to make sure I hadn't scared them into a ditch LOL

mano1192

hahaa yea I hit a brand new overpass bridge over train tracks and teh road was brand new and smooth, I slammed it in 3rd around 11k, at the apex of the hill my tire was off the ground for a while. It happens pretty often actually, but you know when to expect it. But that first time it happens its bad ass!

Hereward

That would be that light feel to the steering I supose.......seems it mostly hapens on freeway on ramps for me LOL

Speedo007

I never had that kind of scary moment on the FZ8, sometimes front lifts on bumps very slightly but nothing requiring a change of clothes. I remember when I had my Speed Triple though a few years ago, was going over 200km/h on a country road...and got one of these smooth dips in the road, the front came up a good 2 feet. I must say I was more gentle on the throttle the rest of the ride home lol!