How far will you go?

H

Hoover

Curious, I am not one to leave well alone, but when I bought this thing, I felt that I wouldn't do as many mods as in years past.
However, now the new bike smell has worn off, I am chomping at the bit to keep adding and changing.
Anyone else in this changing room or are you mostly satisfied?

I for one have a silly long list of fairly cheap mods and changes now. On top of what I have already done.:fiddy:

D

Deleted member 438

I have a hard time leaving anything alone. I'll keep modding until I'm bored with it and then I'll buy a new toy.

D

DJK1505

With Dr. Doom, mod till im bored and then on to another toy!!!

Speedo007

Im pretty much satisfied with how it is now. Only maybe ceramic chrome on headers and satin black ceramik coating on Yoshimura slip-on and then Im done until I fall in love with another bike. My love affairs usually last a year lol!

hypo

with the wife jobless, I'm quietly waiting patiently to sneak in a mod in about 3 months or so, but I really like her the way I got her right now, except maybe the tires... not totally sold on the stockers. I'm definitely one of those guys who likes to keep tweaking little things here and there.

Last edited:

lothodon

Super Moderator
from an old harley owner sport bikes and me get along GREAT!

my harley was changed out to something completely different every winter. that gets VERY expensive.

my buell, r1's and now my fz8 get modded to my liking then pretty much stay that way for many years. other than replacing tires once they are shot and doing oil changes once i get it to a certain point it's done.

my fz8 is 'done'. i do plan on redoing a few mods this winter (paint fading/chipping) but other than normal wear items i'm very happy with it.

C

Camo

I've had my FZ8 about two weeks..I bought it stock and have since purchased the rear seat cowl and the bellypan.
Fitted the rear cowl a few days ago and the belly pan arrives on Monday.

I'm thinking a slip-on, maybe some bars, Rizoma mirrors and oggy knobs should see my mods done.
I convinced my wife that I needed new riding gear when I bought the bike and somehow she believed me haha. I spent a little more then I intended to but I have enough gear for every occasion now but my upgrade budget is going to take some rebuilding and my mods will be done as I can afford them.

I bought the white model and was pretty impressed by the stock look. Not to much needed to improve it, just the sound needs attention once I've run her in:)

Edit: And a tail tidy is the very next thing I look into!!!

Last edited:

mano1192

Its like a crack addiction, I just cant stop modding! I just added the passenger handlebars, got a new visor for the helmet and I just ordered Galfer brake lines!

djcecil

i love doing small things to change it all the time. there are some more high dollar things to go on (pc/auto tune) but i am having fun ruining tires on the curvy roads. time for winter gear though and a front tire oct 1st. that and buying good tools to work on bike has slowed parts down

H

Hoover

I notice you are runing a 190 rear. How does it feel in the twisties? When I built my last fighter, a very heavily modded Bandit 12, I put a 190 on for looks as I had a deep braced swing arm. Looked much better but slowed its turn in on the tight stuff.

djcecil

i love that it did slow the turn in, still have not gone out and played on the back roads VERY hard, they were wet so i ran at half pace. truthfully i love it, the 55 height is showing me what 1 xtra tooth on rear sprocket would be like, and I prefer the gearing before. come spring I will put the 190/50 on in the bt-16 i am getting the 16 front begining of next month. i had the rear on 7 weighing 185lbs and the front was turning in too quick. 6 was too light and bike was squatting too much in corners messing with handling so the 190 was chosen for handling. (the 55 was accident as was it being a Q2, but not upset as it is one way to try different gearing)