How do you guys feel about AGATT?

97audia4

Im a nut a when it comes to gear, it use to be a pain but now its just a process I do when getting ready to ride, it gets easier. I look at it this way, if you cant afford a good gear can you afford to miss work and all the hospital bills that come with massive road rash and broken bones? Sure gear wont save you 100% of time but nothing certain in life why take the chance.

Bajaedition

Guess I am just old
I always wear gear
We are Sao lucky these days, that ment leather 15 years ago
And after 35 plus years on bikes I can say gear is why I am alive and have all my parts
Face it, they have 2 wheels, they go down

ssky0078

Interesting this thread has come back up. I would say I've fallen off the bandwagon. For the summer I stopped wearing my jacket. I even got a Dainese Air Flux Textile jacket which I can't sing it's praises any more in terms of a jacket for the AZ summer. If you are moving the air flow is good and the perspiration is trapped and not easily evaporated so it actually cools better than no jacket. I still find myself not wearing it, especially if I'm just going to be on surface city streets. Still always wear the helmet and gloves.

enjoy this video of some guy with his girl wearing flip flops from the other night to think on it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya23os2ITJQ]Squid Love - YouTube[/ame]

DSmith

I bought my gear before i bought my FZ8 (first bike). I invested in a Dainese Super Speed Textile Jacket, New Drake Pants, Cortech gloves and boots. One of my good friends rides a harley and shits on me for lookin like a power ranger. I just ask him if his $80 HD Hoodie will protect him if he goes down at 50mph

cambo

Avid Rider
I bought my gear before i bought my FZ8 (first bike). I invested in a Dainese Super Speed Textile Jacket, New Drake Pants, Cortech gloves and boots. One of my good friends rides a harley and shits on me for lookin like a power ranger. I just ask him if his $80 HD Hoodie will protect him if he goes down at 50mph

Shit if Dianese made a full suit replica of the red ranger I'd rock that. :p

TYRANNASAURUS!

Rotaryknight

I have riden in 90f weather with and without a jacket, and you seriously stay cooler with a jacket on. People dont get that the body natural cooling mechanism is your sweat. You may sweat in the jacket, but going at speed, it will evaporate and cool you. Without a jacket, the sweat just evaporate instantly and it doesnt even have a chance to cool you off. You may feel like you are getting cooler without a jacket, but thats just the air rushing over the skin. Your internal temperature will be higher without a jacket because of no sweat cooling and you can get a heat stroke. There is a reason why people in the desert and hot places in africa wear long clothings.

I do sometime not wear a jacket when I ride, but I try to limit it to when I am just riding around in the city. I will always wear my jacket riding to work because I dont like rocks hitting me in the chest or arms, and its all highway cruising at 80mph.

I always wear my gloves and long pants. The only time I will not wear a helmet is just cruising through the city under 30mph, or a very short ride of 10mins or less.

The only problem with wearing a jacket is in high humidity with high temperature.....that is just straight torture and I try not to ride, but if I do, I will zip down my jacket halfway to get some more air in.

ssky0078

No... I guess the question kinda threw me off...

I've crashed twice. The first time I would have tore up my hand, possibly breaking a knuckle or two, but instead just split a seam of my glove. The second time, my hand would have got scratched up but nothing was wrong

Nstr_FZ8

I've crashed twice. The first time I would have tore up my hand, possibly breaking a knuckle or two, but instead just split a seam of my glove. The second time, my hand would have got scratched up but nothing was wrong

Thank you sir.. I'll go ahead and add Gloves to my buy-list because "Too-safe" doesnt exist ... :)

ssky0078

Thank you sir.. I'll go ahead and add Gloves to my buy-list because "Too-safe" doesnt exist ... :)

I have two sets of gloves. One for relaxed surface street riding is a Tourmaster Intake 2.0 $22, which is a very lightweight leather and mesh glove that would get shredded at good speeds. The other is a Castle Streetwear Axis glove $55. Much thicker leather and CF knuckles. I primarily wear the Axis gloves and have already wore a hole though the left index finger after about 15,000 miles. I do like the heavier leather feel and CF knuckles (this is what saved me from a broken hand in the first crash, I believe).

rail

I have all the gear. I tend to get lazy about the pants if I'm just going to work (I wear jeans), but otherwise boots, jackets, gloves, and helmet are all there. If I'm going for a spirited ride, at night, or in winter I'll add in the pants.

What I really need is a full suit...

goonanc

ALWAYS ATGATT, ALWAYS
please. having had a few scrapes and bumps over the years it aint worth it. squid in a $500 arai will wish he were dead if all that saved his life is that lid!! have and ER gravel removal! that "they" didn't see us does NOT make us any less dead. mitigate every risk. continuing rider education is key to enjoyment for us. don't let "douchey mcspeedfreak" tell you different. ATGATT

xXAvroArrowXx

I'm AGATT firstly because my wife wouldn't sign off on approving the motorcycle in the first place regardless I feel much more comfortable and confident knowing that I've got 1.2mm of dead cow skin between my skin & the road. I typically wear icon boots over the ankle, Kevlar jeans in town or CE nylon pants on the highway, CE leather jacket (a textile CE jacket when it's real hot & in town), full gauntlet leather gloves & full face helmet.