How deadly 30mph can be

compensation

My buddy Colin. The reason I bought my fz8 in memory of him. He died on a shadow.

compensation

Yeah link broke. Cant transfer the pic from my photo's to here with the phone. Have to do it later. But i wrote his name on my tank. It's in my profile.

I do get to see his name everyday now. He was going to be one of my groomsmen.

If someone could copy and paste it from my pics i would be thankful.

Last edited:

FZER

Avid Rider
Man I'm very sorry for your loss. My best friend is more a brother to me than anything else and I don't know what I'd do without him sometimes when I let things get to me. He's extremely level headed and I let the smallest things mess with me sometimes and he always fixes me.

Hang in there, my Dad passed away December 29th 2011 after he fought like hell against Leukmia. Over time the bad stuff has started to fad some and I think about all the awesome stuff we've done together as well as all the great things he taught me. It's weird because sometimes it just doesn't seem like he's gone.

compensation

The thing that hurt the most was i didn't answer the last call before he died. He was torn up after his gf left. It messes with your head when this kinda thing happens. It was hard as hell to write his name down. I couldn't imagine my dad though. That would be hard.

FZER

Avid Rider
I definitely learned some leasons the hard way through all of this. Live life to the fullest, love on your love ones. I've also have been getting a lot better at not sweating the little things. After they found out what was going on with my Dad, I only had 11 months with him and a lot of those days were hospital trips.

Tammy

Your lucky to of had someone in your life that you cared so much about. I had a riding buddy i lost. we lived 550 miles apart but we still got to ride together a lot more then I do with riders that live in NJ with me...

Time will make it easy to remember the good times youall had..

FZ8.UK

Sadly its a pain most of us riders get to feel.

i feel for you.

I have a friend who rides fast usually ahead of me, i have seen him crash 3 times on bends, makes go cold every time i see it. he is very lucky,

Another of my friends wasn't so lucky,,

he was 3rd in our group, the traffic light went to red we slowed and stopped, but Simon didnt he grazed the sided of the car at the light wobbled hit a barrier, still can't think why he never slowed,

So i ask myself why do i still ride a bike,

FastZ8

I have this pic on my phone and this reminded me of it...it's a hard thing when riders go down...even if you don't know them somehow you still feel for them...It's something only a rider would understand.

compensation

Yeah, being a biker of any kind gives a closer respect to the others that ride. I have noticed about half the people I pass now will not even give the infamous point or wave let alone acknowledge you even past them. I don't call those guys riders at all. They just wanna look cute on a bike that is too much for them in the first place. Riding isn't about the trip between point A and point B, its about being free and enjoying your life on the way there. In a car you don't remember the trip home, on a bike you remember the smells, temperature changes, that big ass bug that hit your nipple. That turns a commute into valuable time you enjoyed.

ssky0078

Yeah, being a biker of any kind gives a closer respect to the others that ride. I have noticed about half the people I pass now will not even give the infamous point or wave let alone acknowledge you even past them. I don't call those guys riders at all. They just wanna look cute on a bike that is too much for them in the first place. Riding isn't about the trip between point A and point B, its about being free and enjoying your life on the way there. In a car you don't remember the trip home, on a bike you remember the smells, temperature changes, that big ass bug that hit your nipple. That turns a commute into valuable time you enjoyed.

Well said. I got a Phoenix PD motorcycle cop to give the wave the other day. I was so stoked because he was really a rider. I've tried with 2 other cops before him and got nothing. What's the quote "Four wheels and doors move a body, 2 wheels moves the soul."

I lost my friend Jordan a few months ago, I still think of him at times when I'm out riding. He was just a straight up good guy.