FZ8 Sprocket Options

Wolf

I have a 2012 FZ8, I'm interested in a sprocket upgrade, maybe a -1/+2 deal... what are the stock settings, and what are some recommended manufacturers/brands of sprocket/chain upgrades?

Umyaya

I have a 2012 FZ8, I'm interested in a sprocket upgrade, maybe a -1/+2 deal... what are the stock settings, and what are some recommended manufacturers/brands of sprocket/chain upgrades?

Do -1 for sure to 15 t front and if you don't like it go 1 up in back to 47. 2 up would be sick but if you cruise in 6 gear it keeps it in high revs

Woody146

Banned
Stock is 16 46 with a 122 link chain...I converted to 520 (lighter) and kept the same size sprockets(driven steel evo spec) with a gold d.i.d. Erv3 chain.

I personally like how the bike is geared with all my mods it hauls ( I smoke sport bikes) and the top end was de restricted by my ecu flash and then more power was added via power commander 5..I did not want to deal with a speedo healer, nor **** with the gearing on the bike ( accel is perfect and top end is perfect...for me)

All that being said...driven, renthal, supersprox, gytr, vortex for sprockets(please get steel, alumimnum wears extreeeeeeemly fast...like 1000 miles)

D.i.d. , r.k., e.k., driven for a chain..always better to get more and cut than not have enough and stretch it...so get a 130 link chain..121 will not cut it

RD GUY

don't be afraid of aluminum sprockets ,I run them on every bike I have ever owned ,I have a Vortex 48 alum rear on my FZ8 w/over 7000kms w/ litte or no wear,just keep chain adjusted and lubed ,and as for the speedohealer its a simple install (just plug and play) the factory speedo is off anyways .

Umyaya

You smoke sport bikes in the twisties? or what type of roads/situations
Stock is 16 46 with a 122 link chain...I converted to 520 (lighter) and kept the same size sprockets(driven steel evo spec) with a gold d.i.d. Erv3 chain.

I personally like how the bike is geared with all my mods it hauls ( I smoke sport bikes) and the top end was de restricted by my ecu flash and then more power was added via power commander 5..I did not want to deal with a speedo healer, nor **** with the gearing on the bike ( accel is perfect and top end is perfect...for me)

All that being said...driven, renthal, supersprox, gytr, vortex for sprockets(please get steel, alumimnum wears extreeeeeeemly fast...like 1000 miles)

D.i.d. , r.k., e.k., driven for a chain..always better to get more and cut than not have enough and stretch it...so get a 130 link chain..121 will not cut it

Woody146

Banned
That's what I thought... because if you were beating them in the straights I would send my ECU to get flashed asap...

Oh..I do beat them in the straights until about 120-130..specifically my buddies 2012 (rip) and now 2013 gsxr 600...this was pre ecu flash and pre power commander..actually..it was pre exhaust too..just slip on.

But again..you have to know how to ride..if you **** up your shifts..a Harley can pass you..

I have not raced anyone since flash/ exhaust/ pcv due to the fact I swapped rotors and pads and am still breaking em in.

bimmertech12

It took a while to finally tune out the flat spot in the powerband especially with my exhaust..but now ill stay up with a friends triumph daytona and another kids(lack of skill) gixxer1000

Woody146

Banned
It took a while to finally tune out the flat spot in the powerband especially with my exhaust..but now ill stay up with a friends triumph daytona and another kids(lack of skill) gixxer1000

I went head to head with a gsxr 1000 last weekend (all my mods) dude smooooooked me like I was standing still..tried to catch him but after 2 turns & 10 bicycles blocking my way..he was gone

Sorry if anyone rides bicycles..but stay away from motorcycle roads! You don't go fast enough and take up too much lane!!!:bs2::rant:

Umyaya

I went head to head with a gsxr 1000 last weekend (all my mods) dude smooooooked me like I was standing still..tried to catch him but after 2 turns & 10 bicycles blocking my way..he was gone

Sorry if anyone rides bicycles..but stay away from motorcycle roads! You don't go fast enough and take up too much lane!!!:bs2::rant:

Ya those gsxr 1000 are straight insane. Crazy thing is the new ones feel like 600s. If I ever get another suport sport bike I would get a newer cbr 1000rr or a gsxr 750.

Last edited: