FZ8 Seat Mods?

f-15pierce

Does anyone have any ideas for cool and/or more comfortable seat mods? Pictures would be great too if anyone has some completed work!

I'm thinking about getting sending my front/rear seats off to get some custom work done and wanted to see your great ideas to possibly spur my creativity. I've already bought an extra rear seat on eBay and plan to buy another front seat. I was thinking of maybe just a little bit of gold accents (my bike is the 2011 black version) - nothing too gaudy!

I wouldn't mind some more comfortable foam as well and possibly a 1" drop to lengthen my in-saddle time.

hypo

the seats are pretty thin. very similar to the FZ1 seats... we have a few people harassing the seat companies at Saddleman/Corbin/etc to see when they are going to mass produce something but most of them want to touch your bike for a few weeks. Other folks are taking it to a local shop to do some work for them with gel/different padding inserts... nobody has taken the plunge yet that I have seen.

f-15pierce

Good website! I wonder how their products are. Has anyone ordered from this company yet? I see that they are in France. Also, they need your old seats if you want the lower price. Cost is about $300-350 with your old seats after currency conversion.

hypo

if anyone lives in Northern California, near Redding... this guy might be worth a stop in... he does LOTS of business for long distance riders.

Rick Mayer Cycle custom motorcycle seats he has a backlog,but so far I've read a lot of good stuff about what he's done... each one is hand made, and it seems to beat the corbin prices by a good $100 or so... depending on how you want it done.