FZ8 runs idle but stalls when twist the throttle

Tvanrooij

An issue that suddenly appeared today with my FZ8 2012: yesterday it runs smooth, no issues at all. Today the engine starts as usual and runs idle but when I touch the throttle the engine stalls immediately... again start the engine: it runs idle, let it run idle for a few mins and try to slowly turn the throttle: engine stalls. Again start the engine: it runs idle but not smooth, rpm varies between 500 and 2000. Twist the throttle a bit, some hard pops out of the exhaust and engine stalls...

Tried a few times and after some tries no issues and I can ride the bike as usual.

I drove a few miles/KM's and turned off the engine at a fuelstop, refueled and started but again issues as described above, eventually no issues and drove home...

Where to look? No fault codes or what so ever.

MNyamarider

I just had this happen to me last week. I actually just purchased this used 2011 FZ8 from a dealership with only 5000 miles on it. Had it for about two days then on the third day this exact scenario happened with mine on my way to work. Started up like normal, let it sit for a minute and idled fine, then when I went to actually take off as soon as I let the clutch out it started to completely bog down with every twist of the throttle. Rolled back to the garage and couldn't get it past the 3k rpm mark without it bogging out.

It's back at the dealership now, but they haven't been able to replicate since it happened to me.

Have you any update on your by chance or what might be the cause? Seems to be random which is odd.

Wish I could be of more help here, but sounds like I'm in the same boat as you