FZ8 Leo Vince

the borg

I have a quick question regarding the video I am posting. I put my Leo Vince back on. I am wondering about the slight popping sound when held at a constant throttle around 4000 rpms. I could also hear it when I had the stock exhaust. Is it noticeable on every bike? I do not have Powercommander but I have disabled the AIS so it does not pop when I let off the throttle. Is there anything I can do to fix it or am I just being paranoid?

http://youtu.be/G2RcTeUtUsM

Last edited:
C

Camo

I'm not sure I can hear anything poping or not normal but I'm spewing you don't want to ship that can here to Oz ;)
Sounds good!

Harrywz

I have a quick question regarding the video I am posting. I put my Leo Vince back on. I am wondering about the slight popping sound when held at a constant throttle around 4000 rpms. I could also hear it when I had the stock exhaust. Is it noticeable on every bike? I do not have Powercommander but I have disabled the AIS so it does not pop when I let off the throttle. Is there anything I can do to fix it or am I just being paranoid?

Yamaha FZ8 Leo Vince exhaust - YouTube

Sounds normal. Its not running under load. You should notice a pop or two when you hold throttle open and shift around 8k. When you gear down you'll be getting the burping type sound.

slowkey

Sounds good to me. I have Leo on my fazer and i get the odd pop when i take it up over 8000rpm but I think that sounds cool

Harrywz

Thanks. I didn't think about it running different under load.

I posted earlier that I removed my Danmoto, re installed the stock can. I still heard the "bom, bom, bom" sound when gearing down. Just not as loud. as well I seem to get more popping when its cold and the enricher circuit is active. Once we reach operating temperature and don't ride like a "nutbar" I get no popping. Thats with my R77D Yoshimura installed.