Fz8 backfiring

Nemo

HI every1 , first lets me say hello to everybody !!! i am new here and i own my fz8 since 1 month !!! i bought it used with 4000 kilometer on it ..

i like it alot but i have to admit it Backfire alot .. the first owner put a Two bros slip On and it backfire alot when i decelarate ... i like the sound , but i want to make sure it dsnt brake anything or harm my motor in anyway ...

also how can i reduce the backfire if its a bad thing !?

btw sry for broken English !!! im from canada montreal so french is my first language !!! thx you all

master paper clip

The back fire is completely normal and your not harming anything ... Stock exhaust was just really good at hiding it... U can reduce it by blocking or removing the ais system or u can get your ecu unlocked and have it tuned out that way

Teslank

tinquiete pas pour le backfire , jai une yoshimura et ca pete fort ! :)

jta montreal aussi va sur m4e.com le meilleur site de moto de montreal :)

b-eock

:2cents: after fire, not backfire. Backfire would come out of the throttle bodies/intake side of engine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

master paper clip

While that is true. people reffer to the pops, bangs, and flames from a tail pipe as backfire because its firing out the backside of the vehicle

Marthy

Ouin, comme ca pete en tabarnack ton affaire! LOL

Did you block the AIS? That should help a bit... block off plates or just cap the hose on the airbox.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

HeresMyMind

I also just picked up a two brothers slip on and have the same thing, I also ordered the 8-9 decibel silencer as it was highly reviewed for our bikes and helps cut down the pops.

I may do the AIS block off once I get my first maintenance done.

-B

goonanc

aaahh!! nothing like the sound of an over run pop when decelerating. change down and blip the throttle a little for full effect.

Nemo

I also just picked up a two brothers slip on and have the same thing, I also ordered the 8-9 decibel silencer as it was highly reviewed for our bikes and helps cut down the pops.

I may do the AIS block off once I get my first maintenance done.

-B

the 8-9 decibel silencer ? made by two bro ? can i find this on their website ?

Nemo

i also have to admit i dont mind the sound at all ... sound dragster as hell ! lolol

if like u guys said , it dsnt harm anything i dont care keeping it like this ... maybe the cop does tho .. :(

xXAvroArrowXx

Its not backfire, its after fire and is completely normal and harmless when you go to an aftermarket pipe. After fire is caused by combustion of raw fuel that is mixed with the exhaust gases. Backfire would be fuel igniting and exiting through your intake ports.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk