FZ-Forum Projector Retrofitting Group Buy

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
So, I think it is time to offer a group buy on my retrofitting services. I have had tons of interest over the last few months, and I think that a little discount would help everyone even more to be able to do this. This group buy is for retrofitting services, not just the kit. I still offer the kit discounted from TRS, if you would like to do the work yourself.

The details are as follows:

6 people must confirm, and make payment by 3/29/13. Payment plans are accepted, however standard payment plan terms still apply. For payment plans, a contract must be signed, with plan details. Down payment of the payment plan holds your spot.

This is first come first served. I am only one person. It is going to take time to get through all the retrofits, and as this is a multi-site group buy, I could have a handful to do. The first one to sign up and pay is the first retrofit I do. Extra headlight's may be available, ask for details.

The discount after 6 people have been reached: $45 off, almost 20% off.

Another reason for the group buy, is that I am trying to raise money for the forums. Dennis has done so much that we should give back, more than we already have. I am going to give him DOUBLE the amount that I normally do for each retrofit, once we reach the required amount of buyers.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask.

CONFIRMED SO FAR:

1. SenorJack - Paid
2. micha3lchu - Paid
3. DanS - Paid
4. anelson24 - Paid

Last edited:
Reactions: JSP

SeñorJack

El Guapo
I'm interested. those look sick. we send them in to you right? I'm a little hazy on the process do you have a link or anything? do you have an idea on what the price looks like before shipping? and I myself may be interested in turn around time, as she is my daily driver. thanks!

MikeC

Weekend Rider
I'm interested. those look sick. we send them in to you right? I'm a little hazy on the process do you have a link or anything? do you have an idea on what the price looks like before shipping? and I myself may be interested in turn around time, as she is my daily driver. thanks!

I hope Rabbit doesn't mind me sharing this, but he said he would be able to source an extra headlight for me so that there's no downtime (at my expense of course). I can't remember how much he said it was but that might be a possibility if you've got deep enough pockets AND can't afford the downtime.

With that said, I'm even more interested now than I was. So you can sign me up . Damn. haha.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Process is simple. After payment, you send me your headlight, I order the parts, and retrofit the headlight, and send it back to you, with the wiring harness. Return shipping is included, and standard price with no accessories is $227. I can send quotes and work orders to anyone who is interested.

Downtime depends on the complexity of the retrofit, usually no more than 2 days + shipping time.

I can source an extra headlight, and if I can recall, it is in the neighborhood of $230. I shop around and try to find the best deal.

Nice of you to sign on board micha3lchu!

MikeC

Weekend Rider
Process is simple. After payment, you send me your headlight, I order the parts, and retrofit the headlight, and send it back to you, with the wiring harness. Return shipping is included, and standard price with no accessories is $227. I can send quotes and work orders to anyone who is interested.

Downtime depends on the complexity of the retrofit, usually no more than 2 days + shipping time.

I can source an extra headlight, and if I can recall, it is in the neighborhood of $230. I shop around and try to find the best deal.

Nice of you to sign on board micha3lchu!

Well, you knew how interested I was, and the group buy discount just did it for me. Happy to do it if we can fill the slots for group buy. Does that mean, we're looking at something under $200 bucks if we hit group buy pricing?

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Does that mean, we're looking at something under $200 bucks if we hit group buy pricing?

The $227 is with the group buy discount. $273, is the normal price. Adding options will increase the price, but it is still discounted.

Sent from my Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2

MikeC

Weekend Rider
sounds good! would you be able to update your first post in this thread with a number listing of participants so we have an idea of who is all in this?

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
sounds good! would you be able to update your first post in this thread with a number listing of participants so we have an idea of who is all in this?

Headed to bed now, will do this in the am

Edit: Done!

Sent from my Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

anelson24

Already lots of interest. Looking good!

Really interested! Is there anyway you can email me a work order please? And does the work order breakdown all the additional accessories we can add(for extra$ of course)? Also any idea on shipping to you from CA? Thanks!

Last edited:

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Really interested! Is there anyway you can email me a work order please? And does the work order breakdown all the additional accessories we can add(for extra$ of course)? Also any idea on shipping to you from CA? Thanks!

See my thread here for options:

http://www.779cc.org/forum/bikes-parts-sale/2183-affordable-hid-retrofitting-services.html

Quick list would be: Side Emitting LED strips, Angel Eyes, Pod Lights (Power crystal at top of headlight), and paint. I usually try to deliver when someone requests something special.

Shoot me a message with what you are thinking and I can send a quote listing all your options and prices. Shipping from you to me is going to depend on your carrier and packaging. Return shipping back to you is the best price....free!

cambo

Avid Rider
To the folks who've already signed up:

You're making a great decision. Pics don't do Chad's work justice...looks a million times more bad *** in person. I'm lucky enough to live within driving distance so I had the opportunity to meet Chad and I can say he's a good, genuine, and trustworthy dude. He treats every bike like it's his own and is a hell of a perfectionist lol. Damn near had to steal my bike from him beacause he didn't like how the beam pattern angle was off by .0001354 of a millimeter or whatever. Anyway, I gave my bike back to him to let him work his magic on a cooler looking custom retrofit and I'm excited as hell to see the results.

To the folks who are on the fence about it:

Stop it. Go for the retrofit. It's money well spent for an invaluable, beast mode mod. At Chad's prices, it's a steal. You get an awesome end product, no headache (from attempting it yourself), and time you can devote to something else (other mods, family, etc). One ride with the new HIDs and you'll be glad you did it. I was grinning from ear to ear when I first switched them on at night.

I'm not getting ANYTHING out of posting this up; no discounts, no nothing. I really am just trying to recommend a very good thing for the FZ8 community done by a very good dude from our FZ8 community.