For all you DIY home owners

97audia4

Please do not use behr paint, you are not doing yourself any favor by saving money. I see time and time again, instead of a simple repaint you are now going to be paying almost near 500% more of an original repaint cost because I have to do this.

MotoZen

That looks ridiculous. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

tzortn

Pillion
Interesting. I used Behr paint to repaint my new house after seeing how well it held up in my friend's house. It has been 8 years without a problem. You have to wonder how well the base was prepared.

97audia4

Interesting. I used Behr paint to repaint my new house after seeing how well it held up in my friend's house. It has been 8 years without a problem. You have to wonder how well the base was prepared.

This is the paint and primer in one deal, I personally wont ever warranty it at all or any behr its far from a quality finish. Im surprised it has lasted that long to be honest but at the same time this new reformulated shit is downright bad.

tzortn

Pillion
I did not use the all in one paint.

So what brand do you recommend? I am not interested is fancy textures or paints that have a 14 step application process.

97audia4

I did not use the all in one paint.

So what brand do you recommend? I am not interested is fancy textures or paints that have a 14 step application process.

for the regular consumer, I would say Sherman W. cashmere or superpaints or durations all have good voc's and really will lay nice on the wall I think you will be surprised.

rug_burn

So somebody pulled off the door casing, and some of the paint came with it.

Yeah, the paint shoulda stuck to the wall better, but you can't tell how well the wall was prepared, primed, sealed or whatever.

Sherwin Williams makes good paint, without a doubt, but I use Behr all the time, and really haven't had a problem. If you're putting latex over a glossy oil base finish- that's going to happen every time unless you sand and prime with a good primer.

97audia4

So somebody pulled off the door casing, and some of the paint came with it.

Yeah, the paint shoulda stuck to the wall better, but you can't tell how well the wall was prepared, primed, sealed or whatever.

Sherwin Williams makes good paint, without a doubt, but I use Behr all the time, and really haven't had a problem. If you're putting latex over a glossy oil base finish- that's going to happen every time unless you sand and prime with a good primer.

No not at all, I cut the caulk along the trim bc its also getting a new door frame and trim. Its cheap paint no other way around it, the finish is product just looks like gel and if you need touch ups good luck with that. The wall is primed if you ever look at sds's of behr you will notice the binders number is so low I cant believe they get away with it. I ended up just gutting all 5 rooms in the house and re trimming the baseboard and doors because all the rooms have this issue. I will have a side by side comparison of the quality of finish between what I use and behr when I finish in a week or so.

rug_burn

Maybe the all-in-one primer/paint combo is the problem-? The problem is that Home Depot is just too convenient to switch away from...:-(

97audia4

Maybe the all-in-one primer/paint combo is the problem-? The problem is that Home Depot is just too convenient to switch away from...:-(

You are in CA I'm sure there is a PPG supplier near your they make quality paint, trust me you will notice to difference in the finish its true to form.