Fogging fz8 for storage,,,

jcd1965

Could someone tell me how to fogg bike properly for storage and what product to use.Any other storage tips would be well appreciated.

I never fogged mine for storage, but I would be interested to see how it goes. My storage checklist is basically:

Oil change,
Fill gas tank and add fuel stabilizer,
Remove battery
Check general condition
Cover
Put it on stands

That works fine for me, never had a problem. I live in RI so it has survived our cold winters without issue.

xXAvroArrowXx

I have done both methods of fogging in previous years. The first time, I removed the gas tank, air box etc to access the throttle bodies and ran the starter to turn the engine over while spraying fogging oil (aerosol) the bike started to run on the fogging oil! Should've disconnected the plug wires I guess, but that would've meant dropping the radiator to each the two inner plug caps. I'd had enough and just put it all back together.

The following year I dropped the radiator to access the spark plugs and put a tablespoon of oil in the cylinders the put plugs back in (less wires) punched the starter to coat the bores then put everything back together. What a job. The plugs are hard to reach, like the bike is built around the sparkplugs....

I just do what FFwilsonWKDF9 does now too

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk