Extra Head lights.

joerlund

Hi...

My plan is to install two extra LED headlights. Flood & Spot.

They can be mounted on existing headlight housing, or on the front forks where they will "follow" the steering direction!

Do you have experience with similar projects, about advantages and disadvantages in relation to location?

#Joerlund

joerlund

Update ..

My first choice was mounting on the forks, but ran into cable challenges. Relieving cable when swinging.
Based on the existing headlight housing, and the manufacture of a bracket for mounting, I have come up with a good solution.
The bracket with the lights is nicely placed, and you actually have to go to your knees to spot the lights.

The next challenge is cabling ...
As I want to be able to enable both lights manually, by a switch, and then they will work in parallel with short and long light, using the original light switch.

But.... So many cables just for that solution ...
Hmmmm ...

Ridgid_Bracket.jpg

Ridgid_Bracket_2.jpg
Ridgid_elec.jpg2_Channel_relay (2).jpg HIGHSIDER electronic two-channel relay 6 - 14 V
Ridgid_In_House.jpg

Attachments

• Ridgid_In_House.jpg
    Ridgid_In_House.jpg
    536.6 KB · Views: 7

Johnjohn

Update ..

My first choice was mounting on the forks, but ran into cable challenges. Relieving cable when swinging.
Based on the existing headlight housing, and the manufacture of a bracket for mounting, I have come up with a good solution.
The bracket with the lights is nicely placed, and you actually have to go to your knees to spot the lights.

The next challenge is cabling ...
As I want to be able to enable both lights manually, by a switch, and then they will work in parallel with short and long light, using the original light switch.

But.... So many cables just for that solution ...
Hmmmm ...

View attachment 7179

View attachment 7180
View attachment 7181View attachment 7185 HIGHSIDER electronic two-channel relay 6 - 14 V
View attachment 7184
Looks nice and clean 👍