Error code 48

massacresFZ8

I put a slip on my bike and smog block off plates on my fz8 and my engine light came on after a little ride now I have the error code 48 on my dash anyone know what this means?

massacresFZ8

error code 48

I left my pump plugged in do I need to unplug it maybe this is the problem ill check it in a few days I won’t have the time to take it apart for a day or two thanks for the help

97audia4

I left my pump plugged in do I need to unplug it maybe this is the problem ill check it in a few days I won’t have the time to take it apart for a day or two thanks for the help

yea take all that isht out man, its not good. Did you block off the hose to the airbox? I just did mine and it should look like this when you are done.

massacresFZ8

It’s held up by a rod that goes up in a rubber boot on the ecu and I may have time in the morning to unplug it and see if the error code goes away..Thank you for your help so far I will post back when I try it out

97audia4

It’s held up by a rod that goes up in a rubber boot on the ecu and I may have time in the morning to unplug it and see if the error code goes away..Thank you for your help so far I will post back when I try it out

yea just pull on it, it will pop right out.

massacresFZ8

its all out and unplugged no error code or engine light ill need to take it for a test ride and let you know how I make out thanks again for all the input..just got back 15 min into the ride and the light came on and error 48 and when twisting my throttle It only has 40 of the power .. well I'm going to have time Sunday so ill be on it then

Last edited:

massacresFZ8

I disconnected the battery and looked at my bike a little closer and noticed a loose plug wire and it’s all good now thanks for all your help it ran great today

Iwan

I disconnected the battery and looked at my bike a little closer and noticed a loose plug wire and it’s all good now thanks for all your help it ran great today

Bro don't mind can take a photo of ur loose plug wire? I also getting the same thing error code 48? I went to the bike shop and they told me I need to change the whole throttle body :(