Engine protection cage or frame sliders

FZ8Panda

Looking to see if anyone has a engine protection cage(givi, yamaha) or frame sliders for sale. Let me know if you do! Thanks.

FZ8Panda

The Givi cage is no longer in production. MS needs to fix their website. Got an email notice back from them few days after I placed the order saying it's no longer available. But, if you can find one, they will fit the 2012's also. I ended up going with the Yamaha engine guard/cage.

Wolf

The Givi cage is no longer in production. MS needs to fix their website. Got an email notice back from them few days after I placed the order saying it's no longer available. But, if you can find one, they will fit the 2012's also. I ended up going with the Yamaha engine guard/cage.

I ordered it from MS last weekend, today the status went from "on order" to "ready for shipment". So we'll see if it actually gets shipped out.

pigdog

if you think your bike will tip over, go with the frame sliders. you want pick your bike up after a slide & ride your bloody ass home, do the cage. the bike looks better without either of them. i went with the frame sliders.

Wolf

you want pick your bike up after a slide & ride your bloody ass home, do the cage.

That's my intention. Don't have too many (ie: any) friends whom I can call for a lift home, so riding home after a crash is my intention.
Not overly concerned about looks, I just want the bike to be resilient after a wreck.

FZ8Panda

This is what I found. It would be cool if they had a full cage. Man, if I knew how, I would just build myself a custom cage. Only gripe with my Yamaha one is that it doesn't stick out far enough. Having frame sliders built in would be nice too.

Yamaha FZ8 Motorcycle Performance Parts & Accessories

Phoenix Products Frame Rail Protectors PP 10267 Yamaha FZ8 2012 | eBay

Found these also on an old old thread here. These look beefier than the Phoenix ones. I'm kinda interested in this one now.

Race Armor Fz8 2011 - 11-FZ08-RA - Yamaha - Race Armor - for Yamaha - Lightweight Armor Designed for

Last edited: