danmoto xg-1

rysyndrome

So I got the muffler back with a beautiful coat of satin black on it. Got it all mounted, last to do was put the springs on. I went to stretch the top spring on and the hook came flying off and i scrapped up the muffler with the pliers I was using. I am so pissed right now. I knew the springs would be my downfall. Fuk!!!!!!

Last edited:

rysyndrome

I didn't post this in my original but mine didn't come with the proper mounting instructions. I just looked at it and figured it out. Your going to have to attach the bracket to the nut behind the old mounting location. can post a pic if you want.

I picked up a 8mm-1.25x16 bolt at Lowes, it's about a third of the length of the OE bolts and used that to mount the muffler to the bottom hole of the foot peg/old exhaust bracket. That way I didn't have to use the old bracket and you can see it is not there in one of my pics. I'll try to get some completed pics up once I sort out this mess with the springs.

rysyndrome

I love the looks of this exhaust but it's too loud for where I live. The other tennants will kill me if I start this up in the morning for my commute to work. So off to the classifieds it goes. So sad. Should have tested it out before I had it coated. One thing I didn't expect was just how much more balanced the bike would feel in the turns with such a light muffler on it. Was a huge difference to me.

Last edited:

jp2code

Is this ^^ in the classifieds yet?

I'm looking to get one for my application (XR1200).

I'm here specifically to see if anyone can give me the diameter of the pipe on the "muffler" (I use that term loosely).

I want to try slipping it over the extension pipe on an exhaust I have now, that is 2-1/4 along the outside diameter:

The muffler in the exhaust now actually drops down to 1-7/8 inch, so it is killing my performance.

I'm looking to see if the XG-1 might fit.

I've tried emailing Danmoto, but the dweeb I was put in touch with is only able to read the pamphlets that are sitting on his desk. He doesn't seem to know how to open a freakin' box to take a measurement.

Also, the inside of the XG-1 has a perforated baffle. The baffle only serves to provide a bit of back-pressure for the exhaust, and not for muffling the sound. What holds the perforated baffle in place? Is it TIG welded or held in with screws or rivets? I'm thinking I might be able to remove the baffle, add a bit of fiberglass cloth around the baffle, then shove that sombitch back in.

towert7

Danmoto XG-1 sucks

I bought the danmoto XG-1 for my FZ8 and I hate it. For me it was a total waste of money.

It really does not change the sound of the bike compared to simply removing the muffler. I actually prefer the sound of my bike without the muffler on, since the sound is closer to the ground and reflects off the ground more (sounds better to me). This pipe shoots the sound straight back and up, so you get less sound traveling in front of your bike. When I want to be heard, I want to be heard from the rear and the front!

Plus, this muffler is HEAVY! It is only straight pipe, but the metal they use is very thick and VERY heavy. You would save a lot of weight by just running without the muffler, and especially if you remove the rear pegs.

The muffler also comes in two parts, the double tip and a connecting pipe. The muffler does not make a very secure connection between the tip and connecting pipe (at least mine doesn't). Even with all bolts attached and springs in place I could move the muffler.

Unless if you want to add weight to achieve a certain look, I would save your 130$ and just remove the muffler.

Now I have to try and sell this POS on ebay.

Last edited:

FZ82011

Thought I should post this for anyone that has seen the exhaust or has been wondering about it. I bought it off ebay for $139 with free shipping. Shipped from china and arrived here in HI on the 21 and was shipped on the 15.
The exhaust is very loud and is a strait pipe. take off the exhaust and thats about what it sounds like.

I have the same exhaust, got it back in October, it sounds awesome coming back down through the revs when it gets to between 6-4000 is just bangs and pops so much.
I purchased a couple of universal baffles off ebay and fitted them. It dulls the noise a little bit but still keeps the roarness and the banging which I love, just keeps the old bill off my back for noise pollution

Dan

Danmoto XG-1 for sale

If anyone is interested...I have one, slightly used less than 1000miles ...painted black with heat resistant paint...comes with original brackets and springs for $60

Jubby

Everything is stock as of now. Planing on buying a pc5 maybe next payday.

Hi Mate,

Did you get that PC5 did you get a MAp sorted??

Just bought the XG-1 well impressed and interested in buying the PC5 however i cannot seem to find anymaps whats the other options?

Jubby

Its a tricky one there are some good pro's and con's to both.. Just spoke to dynojet/power commander authroised programmer and he is not too sur with the ECU flash and he reckons them restricitions on rev limiters and so on are there for a reason... the power commander will more than likley eventually when funds permit have to go on the dyno to get custom done but in the mean time a map may well be available to get by for the near future.

still researching but will need more time at home to have dig through this site.

Umyaya what made you go ECU over a PC?? previous experience etc????

Umyaya

I bet dynojet may have told you this so you would consider their product. I have had no cons with the ecu flash. I used to run the pc5 with autotune but then realized what I was doing wrong. Night and day difference with the ecu flash.

Jubby

Probs man people will say anything to get a sale.

is it possible to have both???

I have ordered the thing now.....

What you know about DOBEC? I know its a bike off subject for this thread