clutch is it worth it question.

cpatt

ok so i some how managed to burn out my clutch at 7129 miles on my bike. it slips if you rev it over 4k so i no i need to plates and springs. but my question is

is the barnett clutch kit worth the extra money at the suggested retail of 232$ (on amazon for 174$)
or should i go yamaha oem for 162$

i dont think to many people have changed out clutches in these bikes yet is why i ask. and well ive never changed clutches and i would just like to hear people thoughts. seeing all the numbers on one page just made me realize i should go barnett for the extra 12$ but i would still like to here what people think!

thanks
corey:wav:

Harrywz

ok so i some how managed to burn out my clutch at 7129 miles on my bike. it slips if you rev it over 4k so i no i need to plates and springs. but my question is

is the barnett clutch kit worth the extra money at the suggested retail of 232$ (on amazon for 174$)
or should i go yamaha oem for 162$

i dont think to many people have changed out clutches in these bikes yet is why i ask. and well ive never changed clutches and i would just like to hear people thoughts. seeing all the numbers on one page just made me realize i should go barnett for the extra 12$ but i would still like to here what people think!

thanks
corey:wav:

Yeah, go with the Barnett, its well worth it. As for oil, Yamaha recommends 20W50 for summer, 10W40 for spring/fall.

cpatt

Yeah, go with the Barnett, its well worth it. As for oil, Yamaha recommends 20W50 for summer, 10W40 for spring/fall.

awesome ill have to grab some oil 20 50 it is. i also orderd the barnett and am quite excited. no i need to learn about clutch adjustments so i no how to do it right

cpatt

you know i gotsa ask: was the burn-outs worth it?

um well the one that screwed it all up... no was no need for it. but they do tend to be fun. but ill probily stop for the most part now... no seance in replacing the clutch twice.

V

Vapordan

um well the one that screwed it all up... no was no need for it. but they do tend to be fun. but ill probily stop for the most part now... no seance in replacing the clutch twice.

Well, at least you got your pictures to console you. you did take burn out pics right?

Harrywz

awesome ill have to grab some oil 20 50 it is. i also orderd the barnett and am quite excited. no i need to learn about clutch adjustments so i no how to do it right
Thats Yamalube 20/50
I went to synthetic, 10W40. Engine is idling quieter now.

D

DJK1505

dude adjust all the way in, slowly adjust out until your clutch lever has no slack in it. Once you are there ride it and make minor adjustments. 8K damn man, you might want to study youtube for a while b4 you destroy another set of clutches. LOL

H

Hoover

When I had my Bandit 12, I was always doing burnouts. I destroyed the stock clutch in under 3000 miles.
I switched to a Barnett clutch and it lasted over 10000 miles. I was going through rear tires at an alarming rate but the Barnett held up just fine.

cpatt

well put the new clutch in today. took all of about an hour. and then i rode about 100 miles and its amazing. i love it. it got rid of the N to 1st gear clunk when warm. havent tried it from a cold start. but any way great clutch plates and the springs are great to.

V

Vapordan

well put the new clutch in today. took all of about an hour. and then i rode about 100 miles and its amazing. i love it. it got rid of the N to 1st gear clunk when warm. havent tried it from a cold start. but any way great clutch plates and the springs are great to.

Post some pics of the burn out tracts with the new clutch...ya ya I couldn't resist.