CBR 1100xx Blackbird

C

Camo

Anyone ever owned one or have any info regarding known problems/weaknesses etc.

D

Deleted member 438

I've never owned one, but it was top of its class until the zx12r and Hayabusa came out.

EZ RIDER

My buddy had one of these bikes and kicks his ass everyday for selling it. He said it was one of the best bikes he ever owned. Fast as hell and comfortable to ride. I really considered a black bird before I decided on the Fazer.

C

Camo

Thanks guys, am heading to Sydney to test ride some bikes on the weekend.

black8

This 1 is mine only goes out on very sunny dry days 1999 plate 13,000 miles and for an old bike it rides like new.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
My uncle swears by the XX, traded the last one for a Busa and still looks for 'em after he sold his

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
lol, his was the same color, I was 17 and it was the first superbike I ever rode. I actually scared myself because until then the quickest bike I had ever ridden was a hopped up sportster.

F

Fazed

Anyone ever owned one or have any info regarding known problems/weaknesses etc.

Yeah it's a Honda........

The only thing I have heard is the regulators are quite weak and stop working often. It's quite a common thing to change them with an R1 regulator.

Motorcycles

The above link includes tit bits of info for the Blackbird, such as installing a nitrous kit :)

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Camo

Good onya Fazed, cheers.
Since this thread I rode a couple of birds and couldn't get comfy with the seating triangle.
Kwaka's big ninja, the ZX12 on the other hand....

F

Fazed

Opps, didn't realise this was and old thread brought back to life. :)