Cambo Down!

master paper clip

Ain't no big deal brother, worry about taking care of your stuff first I'm just busting your balls about it I'm seriously in no rush to get it

ssky0078

I actually checked out the 9 at the dealership yesterday. It looked sweeter in person but unfortunately it's a lot smaller than I expected.

I've got my eye on two bikes right now: the street triple R and the super tenere.

EDIT: I will for sure keep my eyes peeled for a used fz8 though. I'd happily get back on the 8.

The Super Tenere is a pretty sweet bike. I took a demo ride this year on one and thought it was really well put together. It's an adventure bike so it rides a little different than the 8. Maybe if you get yourself in trouble on that, the curb will look like an appealing option to run over instead of putting the bike down. hehehehe

master paper clip

Super tenere is a beast, I love the looks and the feel, unfortunately the one they had when I got the 8 was te only one and was in the process of being bought so didn't get to ride it, but they sound nasty and u can go almost anywhere... Including onto the next car that takes your lane ;)

ssky0078

Super tenere is a beast, I love the looks and the feel, unfortunately the one they had when I got the 8 was te only one and was in the process of being bought so didn't get to ride it, but they sound nasty and u can go almost anywhere... Including onto the next car that takes your lane ;)

I was just at the dealer today getting new chain and sprockets. They had a Tenere that's been sitting there for about 6 months. $2,000 has been dropped off the sticker already to $12,799. And the parts guy said that typically if the 2014 gets released before it's sold, Yamaha will give another $500-1,000 off in rebate.

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
I actually checked out the 9 at the dealership yesterday. It looked sweeter in person but unfortunately it's a lot smaller than I expected.

I've got my eye on two bikes right now: the street triple R and the super tenere.

EDIT: I will for sure keep my eyes peeled for a used fz8 though. I'd happily get back on the 8.

You can buy mine! Then I can buy a 9. (Hey, that rhymes)

MikeC

Weekend Rider
Sorry to Vulture out on you right now Cambo, but for science, do you know if you will sell parts?! I'm trying to get ahold of a passenger seat to mold a cowl.

ssky0078

Sorry to Vulture out on you right now Cambo, but for science, do you know if you will sell parts?! I'm trying to get ahold of a passenger seat to mold a cowl.

if it's a total loss and insurance is taking it, he can't scavenge parts, unless of course he's tight with the shop and they hook him up.

cambo

Avid Rider
You can buy mine! Then I can buy a 9. (Hey, that rhymes)

haha, thanks for the offer motorick but I'm actually talking to 6Den about his bike though. He's only a few miles away and has been looking to get rid of his bike for a while now.

No worries dude! I'll talk to the shop to see what I can snag. But seeing as how winter time is around the corner, I'm sure somebody on here wouldn't mind kicking you their passenger seat for a while. especially if it's for a possible new cowl option!!

FYI, these are the stock parts I've got on hand:

1) Rearsets
2) Clutch and Brake Levers
3) Shock
4) Exhaust
5) Tail light
6) Rear Turn signals

cambo

Avid Rider
hey guys, been a while, just thought I'd bring this thread around full circle and show you what I got to replace the 8. The cruiser was fun to putt around on...but I miss being able to go over 50 mph lol.

I pick her up Tuesday.

Hope everyone's well!

Rotaryknight

The speed triple was my very first choice when I was thinking of a new bike to get.
But the price was out of my range lol

cambo

Avid Rider
The speed triple was my very first choice when I was thinking of a new bike to get.
But the price was out of my range lol

Believe it or not, I got this brand new for less than what I paid for the 8! Albeit...no warranty is included on this. But I learned it's not so much the warranty that I need, but the insurance that's what's important lolol

Look great. Lets meet up and ride again
definitely dude, the weather seems to finally be getting warmer. I'm down!

Looks good cambo! Nice bike all around!

appreciate it dude!

Woody146

Banned
hey guys, been a while, just thought I'd bring this thread around full circle and show you what I got to replace the 8. The cruiser was fun to putt around on...but I miss being able to go over 50 mph lol.

I pick her up Tuesday.

Hope everyone's well!

Yea....I hate you right now...lol jk....dude...dope bike man!!!!! Glad your back on two wheels(the fun kind) and a naked too! Enjoy it brotha!!

DanS

Commuter

I pick her up Tuesday.

Hope everyone's well!
Hey cambo congrats on the Triple! That is one sweet bike man! Can't wait to read your first ride review :)

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie

I pick her up Tuesday.

Hope everyone's well!

Miss having you around man! Wow what a jump! Be careful on that bike, I rode one of those before....they are very fast...

What's the first mod?