BMW's New "Naked" S1000

FastZ8

Has anyone seen this bike...just thought I'd start a conversation because I'm bored. I think it's a nice looking bike don't get me wrong but I wouldn't really consider it a naked bike.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Woody146

Banned
Haha ok BMW..just because minimalize the fairings and put a naked style headlight...does not make it a naked...that being said...that thing is dope! I would ride it!

tjfisher

I saddled one the other week at the dc motorcycle show and it has too much lower fairing and seem to just have the upper taken off .When you sit on it and look at the gauges it seems as if you took the front faring off the standard s1000r. Leaves alot of open missing feeling

FastZ8

Oh I'd for sure ride it. It's a nasty looking bike and probably one of the fastest stock bikes made just don't think they should market it as a naked bike unless they loose the lower fairing.it's like a girl in a tube top I can see some of her but not enough to say she's naked lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

TorontoAlex

Wow nice! I saw a good review on the S1000RR. They thought because it was a beemer it would fare poorly against the other big japs. It turns out its the fastest most race ready, with heated grips to boot.

I dont really care if you call it a naked or a sport bike, I like the looks of the S1000. Of course the engineers had to tone it down so it doesn't outshine the S1000RR, so thumbs down for that. Here's some good competition for the BMW:

DSmith

Wow nice! I saw a good review on the S1000RR. They thought because it was a beemer it would fare poorly against the other big japs. It turns out its the fastest most race ready, with heated grips to boot.

I dont really care if you call it a naked or a sport bike, I like the looks of the S1000. Of course the engineers had to tone it down so it doesn't outshine the S1000RR, so thumbs down for that. Here's some good competition for the BMW:

my ass hurts just looking at that seat. sexy bike though!

FZ8Panda

Whoa, need to resize that image. But, the KTM Super Duke is another sexy bike. According to Cycle World, the Super Duke will be in US dealerships in late February. Gawd, wish I had the money for either one. :p DSmith, I do believe the pic above is of a race version and not a production model.

2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R First Ride Review- Photos

Last edited:

npeifer2308

I'm def diggin the KTM a lot more than the BMW. Something about the headlight unit on the S1000 just doesn't appeal to me.