Bar ends? Does it matter?

[]V[]addog

Looking to match my bar ends with my gold forks.
Does it matter if a buy a 20 dollar set of fleabay?
Any brands people have used?

hlmiskelly

I have a pair of inexpensive CRG bar ends on my Triumph Bonneville and also had a set on my FZ8. But last week I bought a pair of Benelli Streetfighter bar ends for the FZ8. Having a set of adapters made this week and should be able to install the new mirrors this weekend. The only reason I am changing out mirrors is style; the old inexpensive ones worked great.

One recommendation would be getting a pair of bar ends that fold in. This allows you to set the view and still fold them up for storage or tight fits.

9 Lives

I got the Yamaha bar ends for Xmas but I don't think they come in gold. Not positive but I think you have to remove the mount from the end of your handle bars for the non-yamaha bar ends. The only thing that may be effected is the vibration in your handlebars if they are not as heavy as the originals, other than that I don't think it makes a difference other that looks.

F3NIX

Checkout my pics...CRG bar ends are solid. But pricy ..about $120 each + adapters that run $20 each. I bought the arrow model.

Sent from my phone

hlmiskelly

Finally got some pictures of the FZ8 with the Benelli Streetfighter barend mirrors.

I like the look a lot more than the round barends I previously had on the bike as the old barends seemed anachronistic on a modern naked bike. These Benelli's are more angular and fit the overall design better.

What do you guys think?

decooney

Looking to match my bar ends with my gold forks.
Does it matter if a buy a 20 dollar set of fleabay?
Any brands people have used?

While adding mirrors that actually work well, I re-used my factory bar ends for functional purposes. The factory Yamaha Bar ends are pretty good. They are heavier than most, and they work much better to reduce vibration than cheap lightweight ends. I'd like to machine up even heavier ones extending 6" down into the handlebar, to function similar to how the Vibranator units do.