Anyone see the new Suzuki FZ8? LOL

MattMorton

If you guys haven't seen it, check it out on Suzuki's website. Tell me if that doesn't look familiar. GSX-S750. What is interesting though is they also posted for model year 2016 the GSX-S1000 which is also beautiful. Looks like the U.S. is finally going to get that FZ1N we always wanted, but rather from Suzuki lol

Last edited:

decooney

GSX-S1000

Attachments

• 5429723d56e85.jpg
    5429723d56e85.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 59

Larry P

Apparently they're making both a naked 750 and 1000. The 750 had a huge bump in weight but also tuned for street use. Nice to see more attention to the naked market finally (stateside). I still prefer my fz8 over a suzuki version :)

MattMorton

The other night i rode a 2014 gsxr1000, and a 2007 R1 back to back and let me tell you.. The gsxr is a monster! The R1 of course hits like a freight train in the top end but mid range the Suzuki blows it out of the water. If the GSX-S1000 gets the full blow, unaltered gsxr1000 engine it is going to be a pure monster. I'm literally drooling at just the thought of it.

Wreckless

The other night i rode a 2014 gsxr1000, and a 2007 R1 back to back and let me tell you.. The gsxr is a monster! The R1 of course hits like a freight train in the top end but mid range the Suzuki blows it out of the water. If the GSX-S1000 gets the full blow, unaltered gsxr1000 engine it is going to be a pure monster. I'm literally drooling at just the thought of it.

i like the gsx1000 looks good.

but you can't compare a 2014 gsxr-1000 to an 07 r1, we're talking about a 7 year difference bro lol.

MattMorton

i like the gsx1000 looks good.

but you can't compare a 2014 gsxr-1000 to an 07 r1, we're talking about a 7 year difference bro lol.

From what I've heard the 07-08 R1s were the most powerful R1s they ever made. I've never ridden a crossplane but from my understanding they are actually down on power compared to the older bikes. Maybe they have a ridiculous mid range? Just sharing my experience, not really comparing the two bike. You still can't negate the 07 R1 is still in the realm of 170 hp at the crank right?
Anyone have crossplane experience?

b-eock

Correct, the 07-08 R1s are more powerful than the 09+ R1s. They do make more power. The 09s do it more efficiently, just put out less. Its weird. But that's how they did it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Wreckless

Correct, the 07-08 R1s are more powerful than the 09+ R1s. They do make more power. The 09s do it more efficiently, just put out less. Its weird. But that's how they did it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Not saying you're wrong but anyone have any dyno numbers to back this up? From what I understand SAE hp measurements changed around 06-07 to a new system making older hp ratings overstated. This I'm sure applied to new cars and SUVs but i'm not sure if the applied it to motorcycles as well.

Wreckless

SAE certified power
In 2005, the SAE introduced "SAE Certified Power" with SAE J2723.[26] This test is voluntary and is in itself not a separate engine test code but a certification of either J1349 or J1995 after which the manufacturer is allowed to advertise "Certified to SAE J1349" or "Certified to SAE J1995" depending on which test standard have been followed. To attain certification the test must follow the SAE standard in question, take place in an ISO9000/9002 certified facility and be witnessed by an SAE approved third party.

A few manufacturers such as Honda and Toyota switched to the new ratings immediately, with multi-directional results; the rated output of Cadillac's supercharged Northstar V8 jumped from 440 to 469 hp (328 to 350 kW) under the new tests, while the rating for Toyota's Camry 3.0 L 1MZ-FE V6 fell from 210 to 190 hp (160 to 140 kW). The company's Lexus ES 330 and Camry SE V6 were previously rated at 225 hp (168 kW) but the ES 330 dropped to 218 hp (163 kW) while the Camry declined to 210 hp (160 kW). The first engine certified under the new program was the 7.0 L LS7 used in the 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06. Certified power rose slightly from 500 to 505 hp (373 to 377 kW).

While Toyota and Honda are retesting their entire vehicle lineups, other automakers generally are retesting only those with updated powertrains. For example, the 2006 Ford Five Hundred is rated at 203 horsepower, the same as that of 2005 model. However, the 2006 rating does not reflect the new SAE testing procedure as Ford is not going to spend the extra expense of retesting its existing engines. Over time, most automakers are expected to comply with the new guidelines.

SAE tightened its horsepower rules to eliminate the opportunity for engine manufacturers to manipulate factors affecting performance such as how much oil was in the crankcase, engine control system calibration, and whether an engine was tested with premium fuel. In some cases, such can add up to a change in horsepower ratings. A road test editor at Edmunds.com, John Di Pietro, said decreases in horsepower ratings for some '06 models are not that dramatic. For vehicles like a midsize family sedan, it is likely that the reputation of the manufacturer will be more important.[27]