Adjustable Foot Pegs

Skiman

Has anyone found a decent set of adjustable foot pegs?
Looking for something that will give me 3/4" to 1" and be ready to mount right out of the box.

Skiman

Adjustable foot pegs and adjustable rear sets are different from one another.
I want just adjustable foot pegs to replace the stationary OEM pegs.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Holy crap, tomato-toma'to

If you can find a pair of adjustable Oem foot pegs that bolt on you let me know..... Otherwise, go buy rearsets.

Guess I forgot the difference that one folds and one doesn't..... Oh yeah, they do make adjustable rearsets that have folding pegs.

DanS

Commuter
A quick google search and I found this ~ [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Adjustable-Footpegs-Footrests-Rearsets/dp/B00D3T7Q02"]Amazon.com: Billet Aluminum Adjustable Footpegs Footrests Rearsets Yamaha (10-13) FZ8 FAZER: Automotive[/ame]

Skiman

Dan, thanks for the link.
Basically what I'm looking for.
Odd that they didn't come up in my search.

DanS

Commuter
Dan, thanks for the link.
Basically what I'm looking for.
Odd that they didn't come up in my search.
You're welcome, be sure to give us a review if you get them. I wouldn't want my pegs any lower but if they can be moved back further I would consider this over a $600 set of rearsets.

foobycho

I've been looking for the same thing. I find the distance between the stock peg and shifter to be a little tight. Skiman, did you ever get these and install them?

Skiman

I've been looking for the same thing. I find the distance between the stock peg and shifter to be a little tight. Skiman, did you ever get these and install them?

No.....I've been busy with work, house projects and finishing a bike build. Haven't gotten around to getting anything yet, need to add it to my list!

Thanks for the reminder!!

Umyaya

Fazer 8

Those look pretty slick. Given the amount of good twisties around here dragging pegs is not much of a concern for me (done it once in 3,500 km of riding the Fazer), but a little more relaxed footpeg position might be nice. I'm seriously thinking about ordering a set. Just have to decide whether it's more advantageous to go through Amazon or eBay.

DanS

Commuter
I think I bought a pair of something like these... saw them and laughed then threw them away since the japanese company wouldn't take them back.... aren't the stock footprgs have a rivvot in them instead of a bolt? Because the passanger pegs had a bolt thing... how do you attach thede to the stock rearsets.
I'm not exactly sure how they mount, I'm guessing you drill out the rivet and replace it with a bolt or pin.

Wreckless

I'm not exactly sure how they mount, I'm guessing you drill out the rivet and replace it with a bolt or pin.

Yep thats exactly what I had to do. The set comes with a new bolt with a washer locker clip you force into it.

The pegs have a really small threaded pin that holds the adjustability in place. You have to make sure to use some thread lock to make sure it doesn't move and for some added strength.

After awhile of riding with it, its worth the money for a cheap upgrade and a different riding position but you have to understand if you place the stance further back you have to point your toes inward to shift because it uses the stock hinge. This pushes the peg out further than natural.

I'll still upgrade to full rear sets later on as I feel the stock rear sets are too flexible. For example if you stand straight up on them they tend to "bend"