598cc turbo???

Rotaryknight

I wonder how much of the concept will follow into the production.

100 hp and a single brake rotor for stopping power???

MotoZen

I'm not a big Suzuki fan, but that looks pretty decent.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

9 Lives

Kawasaki is also developing a supercharged engine that may or may not be coming soon to one of the Ninja's (ZX14R). It was in the latest edition of the Motorcyclist mag. Now that's going to be one nasty bike if it is ever built.

Last edited:

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Kawasaki is also developing a supercharged engine that may or may not be coming soon to one of the Ninja's (ZX14R). It was in the latest edition of the Motorcyclist mag. Now that's going to be one nasty bike if it is ever built.

Ahhhh but it's a ZX15! And they have two patents in place one for the supercharger and the other for a supercharged motorcycle....... I guess no one has done that yet from the factory lol

thach1130

Ahhhh but it's a ZX15! And they have two patents in place one for the supercharger and the other for a supercharged motorcycle....... I guess no one has done that yet from the factory lol

Would you happen to know the specific patent numbers? I could have a look see what exactly it covers and what do they really have protection on. It's probably a specific layout or arrangement of the supercharger for the motorcycle. I'm sure they can't claim they are the first to thought of using force induction (supercharger or turbocharger) for a motorcycle. It could be a novel way they are remote mounting the supercharger, etc. If they really did get a patent for being the first to merely strap a supercharger on a motorcycle you should file one for supercharging a lawn mower or leaf blower.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Would you happen to know the specific patent numbers? I could have a look see what exactly it covers and what do they really have protection on. It's probably a specific layout or arrangement of the supercharger for the motorcycle. I'm sure they can't claim they are the first to thought of using force induction (supercharger or turbocharger) for a motorcycle. It could be a novel way they are remote mounting the supercharger, etc. If they really did get a patent for being the first to merely strap a supercharger on a motorcycle you should file one for supercharging a lawn mower or leaf blower.

I don't remember seeing the patent numbers themselves but I remember reading about them I'll c if I can track down the article I was reading.

9 Lives

A turbocharger on a production motorcycle was done in the 80's on a few different bikes, nothing new. I don't remember a supercharger on a production bike, I think this will be a first if it ever happens. They even put a Wankel engine on motorcycles at one point.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
A turbocharger on a production motorcycle was done in the 80's on a few different bikes, nothing new. I don't remember a supercharger on a production bike, I think this will be a first if it ever happens. They even put a Wankel engine on motorcycles at one point.

You are correct, lots of turbo bikes, no production super chargers though. The zx15r will be a first.

Last edited:

NoNine4me

The problem with a turbocharger is the lag. I have a Sonic 1.4L Turbo, it's got some kick but you can really feel the turbo come in.

People have complained quite a bit about Honda's VFR800 with vvti coming up 'on the cam' so to speak, pretty abruptly which is dangerous in a turn. Honda says with the new Interceptor this is softened up a bit.

It is very difficult to smooth out turbo lag. I rode the Honda CX650 Turbo back in 1984 and it was damn fast, especially for a 650 twin.

Superchargers are a little different situation, they are more linear, but certainly all these bikes are along the lines of the FZ-09 in mission; they haul ass in a straight line but will be handed a big can of whoop-ass in the turns.

Prolly the best overall package for turning and handling in all of motorcycling is the Street Triple R 675; it's got the most desirable combination of real-world handling, power, riding position, and geometry.

It ain't a racebike but in the canyons it's a great handler and will give anything a run for it's money and then some.

I'd still (I think I did!) take the FZ8 as an overall bike as it doesn't give up much at all in terms of handling but is a bigger, more comfy bike while still being well under 500 lbs.

The point of all this is that turbocharged and supercharged bikes cannot put that power to the ground in a turn anyway, and they will certainly be equipped with advanced traction and wheelie controls (something the FZ-09 could have used but let's toss that bolt-up frame first and get it some good suspension!).

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
With modern turbo's and modern electric oil pumps there will be no problem cooling or spooling a small turbo bike.... It's all about relative compressor housing vs inlet tubing diameter. You can make a turbo spool off of idle or at the top 1/4 or your rpm range.....