2013 fz8 break in with garage mods......

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Okay guys I got my new windscreen and headlight parts with brackets, all coming back from the powdercoaters and painters today, I'm also installing Spiegler brake lines with red fittings and a PSR oil cap in red. I hoping to put it all on tonite to take pics for you guys!

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
I had to open my big mouth........ So........

2012 Spiegler front brake lines don't fit a 2013.
The psr oil cap came in the wrong thread pitch.
My painted parts didn't make it back from the painter....

Bottom line, don't post about stuff until you have it in your hand or Murphy will get you!!!!!!
:bs2::bs2::bs2:

Bajaedition

Damn Banky, bad luck

oh, you had a XJ 550, why did you sell that? those where such cool bikes, and just a few bucks and they were perfect cafe racers.
I really miss mine.bought it brand new in 81 and it now resides in that giant junk yard in the sky.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Bump! I'm going to try to get the bike dynod after Labor Day at custom performance in Fredericksburg. :D

Ptate

What did you do with your blinkers?
Just order a 2 pods front light and im not sure where i'll put them

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
VA doesn't require them. And I hadn't figured out how I wanted to mount some, so for right now........ I'm ridin in the "danger zone" lol :cool:

Ptate

Fearless rider haha ;) too bad in qc we need them because i dont realy know where to put them and it dont ruin the look

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
It does say I'm "just plain crazy" lol
Do you have a bucket light too? Moto dynamic makes some flush mount turns, and they pass inspection (in va) because since we don't have fairings, you can see them from the front unlike most sportbikes lol

Ptate

I have those but i didnt install them yet i try to figure out my useless blinkers haha i maybe drill 2 hole in the mounting of the lights...

cambo

Avid Rider
banky- dude, the bike is looking sick...absolutely unique man, I love it. I think that headlight and wind screen go together perfect. awesome work!

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
How did you cut the visor? Dremel? Heated knife?

The visor is a solid piece of rolled aluminum. With the two angles left in it for the "lines". It was powdercoated a medium gloss black to try and match the forks.